Practical Surveying for Small Craft Marine Surveyors, 12th-13th September 2018, Southampton
This unique YDSA two-day practical course is designed to provide hands-on experience which will be invaluable to new and aspiring marine surveyors. The course is aimed at those new to surveying but who will already have some relevant background within the marine industry.
The Yacht Designers and Surveyors Association is the leading UK professional association specialising in small craft surveying across the full range of vessels - from RIBS to large yachts (under 24m for MCA registration (tonnage) and coding).
The areas to be covered will include:
* GRP lay-up, hull structure, practical hands-on experience in lamination
* Surveying a GRP hull, Inspection, tools, tap testing, moisture testing
* Report writing, assimilation of data
* Skin fittings, seals, stern gear, keels, rudders
* Taking a core sample, fitting your own skin fitting to your own GRP panel
* Teak Decks and reporting on their condition
The course will be led by YDSA committee member Julian Smith of Hamble Marine Surveys Ltd, and Duncan Weeks from Vortec Marine, a qualified shipwright with many years of experience working on a vast range of vessels.
The course will be held at Universal Marina, Crableck Lane, Sarisbury Green, Southampton, Hants SO31 7ZN.
There is parking on site - this is Pay & Display. Please ask for a token during the day to exit the car park without paying.
There will be a mixture of classroom and practical sessions throughout the two days. The classroom is also on-site.
Please follow the link to book online: